5th Grade Learning Outcomes
National Art Education Association Standards
- Combine ideas to generate an innovative idea for art-making.
- Experiment and develop skills in multiple art-making techniques and approaches through practice.
- Demonstrate quality craftsmanship through care for and use of materials, tools and equipment.
- Create artist statements using art vocabulary to describe personal choices in artmaking.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a curator, explaining the skills and knowledge needed in preserving, maintaining and presenting objects, artifacts and artwork.
- Compare one’s own interpretation of a work of art with the interpretation of others.
- Interpret art by analyzing characteristics of visual elements and use of media to identify ideas and mood conveyed.
- Apply formal and conceptual vocabularies of art and design to view surroundings in new ways through artmaking.
5th Grade Art Examples
Flexible seating in art class has been a HUGE HIT! With these creative alternate work spaces, students are able to relax and let creativity take over! Thanks to the Fine Arts Boosters, here at BHMS, Miss Ryan has been able to purchase many options for students.