7th Grade Learning OUtcomes
National Art Education Association Standards
- Develop criteria to guide making a work of art or design to meet an identified goal.
- Demonstrate persistence in developing skills with various materials, methods, and approaches in creating works of art or design.
- Apply visual organizational strategies to design and produce a work of art, design or media that clearly communicates information or ideas.
- Reflect on and explain important information about personal artwork in an artist statement or another format.
- Compare and contrast how technologies have changed the way artwork is preserved, presented and experienced.
- Based on criteria, analyze and evaluate methods for preparing and presenting art.
- Analyze multiple ways that images influences specific audiences.
- Interpret art by analyzing artmaking approaches, the characteristics and use of media to identify ideas and mood conveyed.
- Compare and explain the difference between an evaluation of an artwork based on personal criteria.
- Individually or collaboratively create visual documentation of places and times in which people gather to make and experience art or design in the community.
7th grade project examples
Choice-based art education regards students as artists and offers them real choices for responding to their own ideas and interests through the making of art. Choice-based art education supports multiple modes of learning and assessment for the diverse needs of students. This style of teaching encourages independent thinking, persistence and risk-taking, all qualities valued by practicing artists.
For more information follow the link below.