Big Hollow middle school
6th Grade Learning Outcomes
National Art Education Association Standards
- Combine concepts collaboratively to generate innovative ideas for creating art.
- Formulate an artistic investigation of personally relevant content for creating art.
- Demonstrate openness is trying new ideas, materials, methods and approaches in making works of art and design.
- Reflect on whether personal artwork conveys the intended meaning.
- Analyze similarities and difference associated with presenting 2D, 3D and digital artwork.
- Individually or collaboratively, develop a visual plan for display works of art, analyze exhibit space, the needs of the viewer, and the layout of the exhibit.
- Analyze ways that visual components and cultural associations suggested by images influences, ideas emotions and actions.
- Develop and apply relevant criteria to evaluate a work of art.
- Generate a collection of ideas reflecting current interests and concerns that could be investigated in art making.
- Analyze how art reflects changing times, traditions, resources and cultural uses
6th grade Art Examples
Building a foundation for success in art is important and in our first project of the quarter students use the Elements of Art to create a name design project! Line, Shape, Color, Value, Form, Texture and Space are our building blocks!
This iconic poster, Keep Calm and Carry On demonstrates a strong message and visual appeal. Students recreate this poster with their own phrase and logo developing an original design.